"The Earth is a living breathing entity. Without care and affection, will be very great consequence to ignore.
The young plant icon represents organic growth, a key ingredient in sustaining life on Earth. "- David Holmgren
By offering a direct link with nature in its purest state, in order to create a perfect harmony between the Human Being and Earth, adopt behaviors and practices that respect the conservation and environmental protection is one of our biggest concerns.
So, hand in hand with our concept and design came the implementation of permaculture in our enterprise. This commitment stems from a strong belief that it contributes to a more sustainable future, creating small local changes that influence directly and indirectly shares in the fields of sustainable development and organic agriculture, combating the depletion of natural resources and environmental degradation.
The houses, mostly in stone, were recovered in order to maintain the original and typical layout of the area where they are located, thus being perfectly framed on the landscape.
The whole conception and design of spaces were designed taking into account the balance between the People and the Environment, with the aim of ensuring long-term sustainability.
- Rainwater Catchment
- Cisterns dual flush
- Biodegradable cleaning products
- Natural filtration method of the water (with aquatic plants and fish) coming from levadas, in order to receive and return the water to the environment in good condition
- Treatment of our sewage through septic tank
- Solar panels water heaters
- LED lighting and low energy consumption
- Double glazing and thermal insulation in all homes
- Low power consumption equipment
- Separation of waste in all operational areas
- Recycled paper
- Paperless procedures
- Organic Waste recovery
Permaculture techniques and Green Areas
- Creation of biodiversity by introducing various species of plants, trees, shrubs, herbs, flowers, vegetables, fruit growing and animals
- Construction of flowerbeds and shelters for animals through local raw materials (Bioconstruction)
- Vegetable garden in organic way
- Introduction of herbivores to trim the grass, trying to avoid the use of machinery and respective CO2 reduction
- Composting of organic waste later used in manuring, completely giving up the use of any chemical
- With permaculture practice and some techniques and practices mentioned above, we entirely abdicate monoculture